Aide au travail indépendant
Self-Employment Assistance (SEA)
SEA: To create a job of my own
Support, expertise, mentoring...
Get the necessary help
La Cité collégiale coordinates the Self-Employment Assistance (SEA) program in the united counties of Prescott and Russell since 1999.
What is SEA?
The Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEA), sponsored by the Government of Canada, offers professional and financial help to people who want to create their own employment by becoming independent workers or business owners. The qualified individuals participate in an eight week workshop series plus receive mentoring assistance throughout the ramping up stage of the business.
Who can take advantage of these benefits?
To be eligible to participate, you must be unemployed and:
- Have established an Employment Insurance (EI) claim, or
- Have had an EI claim that ended in the past three years, or
- Have received maternity or parental benefits under an EI claim that started in the past five years and have left the labour force to care for one or more newborn or adopted children, and are now seeking to re-enter the work force.
Is financial assistance available?
You may be eligible for financial assistance. A Service Canada official in your area can provide you with additional information on what support may be available to you.
- Market Analysis
- Principles of Management
- Selling Techniques
- The Start-up Balance Sheet
- Rules and Regulations
- Business Financing
- Promotion and Advertising Strategies
- Financial Terminology
- Cash Management
- The Accounting Cycle
- Website Design and Creation
10 Key elements to success
- Self knowledge (strengths and weaknesses)
- Personal characteristics
- Management knowledge
- Technical experience
- Knowledge of market (customer networking)
- Start up costs
- Business plan
- Location (favorable to entrepreneurship zoning)
- Favorable launching period
Necessary qualities of the entrepreneur
- Ability to understand others
- Good health
- Tenacity and determination
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to take decisions and manage well
- Initiative spirit
- Sense of responsibility
- Critical spirit, good judgment
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to adapt
- High work capacity
To reach us:
570, Kitchener road,
Hawkesbury, Ontario K6A 2P3
1 800 267-2483, ext. 4051